Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Eeprom not giving exact values which is been written

Status
Not open for further replies.

MD_SHAHRUKH

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone.
I am currently working on Lpc4088 microcontroller which has internal EEPROM, I am using library function provided by NXP for lpc to read write in EEPROM. I have used initialization function to initialize the clock for eeprom. And Witten 15 byte of data. When try to read data from the same address, the data is not matching completely. Few are coming and few doesn't.
Can you tell me possible issues to this issue.

Hi,

possible errors:
* Defective IC --> not very likely
* hardware problem (power supply fluctuation, RESET, clock...) -->more likely. You need to do measurements. You need to post your schematic with complete informations.
* software problem --> most likely. Post all your code, including setup

Klaus

Hi,

possible errors:
* Defective IC --> not very likely
* hardware problem (power supply fluctuation, RESET, clock...) -->more likely. You need to do measurements. You need to post your schematic with complete informations.
* software problem --> most likely. Post all your code, including setup

Klaus
Thanks for the response. I found the problem which was in the software only. Since it was a internal EEPROM so I have seen just the power supply and oscillator connection on hardware. The issue in software was setting up the clock for eeprom. The calculations was based on 375kHz and according to datasheet it should work, but it didn't. So I reduced the clock to 100kHz for eeprom clock and it is working just fine without any issue. I will not be able to send either of circuit or software.

Thank you so much, I have gone systematically and got the result on few Google search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back