Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EBG surface wave characterisation using Samii setup in CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

prafuldeo

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
site:edaboard.com cst dipole ebg

Hello Friends,
I am trying to generate a results for EBG surface wave band-gap as published in

Microstrip Antennas Integrated With Electromagnetic Band-Gap (EBG) Structures: A Low Mutual Coupling Design for Array Applications by Fan Yang and Yahya Rahmat-Samii

I am particularly interested in reproducing the Fig. 2 of the paper, since using this method we can accurately predict the band-gaps of finite size EBGs.
I've attached the paper pages and CST 2006B model for the same with this mail.

The main problem to reproduce the same results is the infinitesimal dipole source which as much I know not available in CST MWS. I am also having CST 2009 in my lab but couldn't find anything as infinitesimal dipole source.

Does anyone simulated this paper (as in Fig. 2 ) by this method or by using other methods such as (microstrip line, periodic boundries) and able to reproduce exact results.

I understand that by other methods it is easy to find the band-gap but the exact value of surface wave attenuation is difficult to obtain. I am still experimenting with this model in CST and let you know if I can find a valid solution.

Please let me know if someone got any idea regarding this method.

Thanks & Regards
Praful

Re: EBG surface wave characterisation

I already got my project structure EBG.e already managed to get the plot of the reflection phase
But now wanted to know how I can check if my structure can suppress surface wave. how do it in CST? do you know? what are the conditions?

can not find anything in the forum to talk about it.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back