Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dynamic Phase Shift issue for spartan-6

Status
Not open for further replies.

promach

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I enabled Dynamic Phase Shift Ports inside ISE clocking wizard coregen, however I have the following issues about unsupported frequencies marked as XXX in the table:

100MHz, 200MHz, 300MHz, 400MHz, 500MHz are all not supported when Dynamic Phase Shift is enabled.

Note: I am using 50MHz source clock

1623342681136.png

Just a matter of limited Xilinx series 6 clocking features. If you read the documentation thoroughly, you'll notice that dynamic phase shift and clock multiplication (DFS) are mutual exclusive DCM options.

Screenshot_20210610-230952_Dropbox~2.jpg

promach

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
if you can use two DCM one for clock multiplication and other for dynamic phase shifting .... since the Dynamic phase shifting is using delay TAPS ...it's not a part of clock multiplication circuitry ....as shown above...

promach

@bansalr

DCM IP is not available to spartan-6, do you mean two PLL IP instead ?

As for "Dynamic phase shifting is using delay TAPS", do you mean I should use separate IODELAY primitive instead of PLL ?

yes, If you can use two PLL IP instead ... No I am explaining how dynamic phase shift works using delay inside the IP...

promach

Status
Not open for further replies.