Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dynamic Logic in the ASIC industry

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinayshivakumar

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dynamic Logic

Hi All,

I have been into ASIC physical design for quite sometime (~3yrs), but have never used dynamic logic. Can anyone tell me how widespread is the use of dynamic logic in the ASIC industry ? Are they used at all ?

Regards,
Vinay Shivakumar

Dynamic Logic

Static versus dynamic logic
Perhaps the most well-known examples of the distinction between "static logic" and "dynamic logic" is in memory -- static random access memory (SRAM) uses a form of static logic, while dynamic random access memory (DRAM) uses a form of dynamic logic.

The largest difference between static and dynamic logic is that in dynamic logic, a clock signal is used to evaluate combinational logic. However, to truly comprehend the importance of this distinction, the reader will need some background on static logic.

Is this the dynamic logic you refer to?
I think digital logic are all logic is all about..

Re: Dynamic Logic

Not the DRAM , I wanted to know about dynamic combinational logic - domino logic etc. whether they are used anywhere ?

Dynamic Logic

applications like smart cards are constant victim of differential power attacks also knows as DPA attacks. Dynamic logic plus differential logic can mitigate such attacks. Wide nor gates is another examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back