Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dx designer Error 6000: Couldn't open file

Status
Not open for further replies.

razakb

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all
when i try to generate the pcb netlist in DxDesigner it gives following Error
Error 6000: Couldn't open file...i checked Error on Help in that mentioned couse for error is " The indicated file is not readable or writeable"
but my file is readable or writeable . guys if know the solution for this plz help me
thanks

Fails to generate PCB Netlist, Error 6000
pcb: Error 6000: Couldn't open file design_name.asc

This error can be caused by selecting the Back Annotate option in the Process to Run section of the ViewPCB dialog (Tools > Create PCB Netlist) when there are no design_name.asc and design_name.eco files located in the project directory

Solution

Ensure that the correct option is selected in the Process to Run section of the ViewPCB dialog.

When back annotating from layout it is necessary to have the requisite back annotation files located in the project directory or the Run command line before processing check box checked to automate the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back