Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dual frequency antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

helio1972

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to know if someone has an idea about how to design a dual frequency microstrip patch antenna feeded by a microstrip line? the two frequncies are two close 600 and 630 MHz. This antenna must be compact ( 80 * 80 mm2)

you can try a hollow patch antenna, unfortunatelly i dont have any tutorials but there are some papers i think you can use.

Added after 8 minutes:

pabloec said:
you can try a hollow patch antenna, unfortunatelly i dont have any tutorials but there are some papers i think you can use.

Thanks a lot.you are so kind

Hi Pabloec,

do u have somethin' about stacked patch antenna? I need layer and structure dimensioning...

Excitation by probe...

Thanks in advance,

Lupin

Hi helio1972,

Why don't you try fractal MSA? It is possible to obtain dual-frequency operation with the feature of miniaturization. The length of current path plays a role in this matter.

rgds,

Added after 3 minutes:

Hi Lupin,

Have you read this paper?

rgds,

In which topic can I find it?

I need a proper dimensioning of a stacked patch in order to have a broadband mode...

What gain can I expect to find? I think 12-14 dBi.. what do u think?

Regards,

Lupin

Hi Lupin,

You can take a look at the paper entitled "Broad-band dual-frequency microstrip patch antenna with modified Sierpinski fractal geometry". This is all about the stacked modified Sierpinski gasket excited by a coaxial probe. The gain observed at the both frequencies are around 6.0 and 7.0 dBi.

rgds,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back