Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DSP Blackfin Processor choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madeel

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have to track an object moving in oscillatory motion at about 5Hz. thats my orignal problem, for that what DSP Blackfin Series processor is required.
if anyonw has experience with some Vision Sensor or camera, please do let me. i will be highly great full.

please note, i have no experience in DSP processors or camera or vision sensors, i am just a beginner but i have to take things to peak within weeks.
thanks in advance
With Regards:-D

i have to track an object moving in oscillatory motion at about 5Hz. thats my orignal problem, for that what DSP Blackfin Series processor is required.
if anyonw has experience with some Vision Sensor or camera, please do let me. i will be highly great full.
ALL Blackfin processors have PPI to capture video data,
Almost all of them (except newest ones in low pin count cases 504,506) have external memory inteface, you will need it to store image data.
Blackfin core is the same for all the deivces and with comparable performance (ranges from 300 to 600Mhz max core clock speed).
Try to estimate complexity of your algorithm.
In "Code examples" there are number of optimized operations for image processing with detailed description of number of cycles needed. Also there are couple application notes about interfacing image sensors to PPI.
So what is left to choose is probably additional interfaces (i.e. ethernet, but actually not a big problem to add one to device without it), packaging (lqfp/qfn or bga) and available Eval kits like **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.