Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DSP Applications at telecommunication...

Status
Not open for further replies.

emicho

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
am looking for DSP applications at the telecommunication field,
so i would like to cover all ideas about that part before choosing my graduate project idea...

please help..

Clearly it is used for voice and video applications. But used as little as possible, since DSPs are expensive (better to get end devices
with compute resources (e.g. mobile phones, etc) to do the processing, rather than centralize it in a telecommunications network).

can i get a clearly answer please..
i don't think i get your point!!
do you mean the modern telecommunication is trying to avoid DSP in its applications "mobile phones...etc"!!

The answer is clear - signal processing at the handset or other customer device is preferable to using such resources in the telecoms infrastructure.

Here's an example. Let's invent a solution, maybe it already exists, say you wanted to have a way of making calls from (say) an Apple handset to (say) a television set, and you wanted it to have video too. To get that working, where should the DSP functions be implemented?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back