Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Driving 5V Servo motor by USB connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajashri.Shevale

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hiii
I want to connect my 5V ,1A servo motor to my PCB using USB port. I am using same cable which is already given by manufacturer of servo, i just want to replace it's header with type A USB connector. I am not using USB cable as its maximum current limit is 500mA.
so can connect USB Connector as just header for motor??

You would use external supply for drive the motor. If you will run it with PC usb port you will lost your PC port votage driver ic.

What is your PCB?

You would use external supply for drive the motor. If you will run it with PC usb port you will lost your PC port votage driver ic.

What is your PCB?

I am not connecting motor with PC, I bought USB connector with socket and i am connecting this on place of motor header. My PCB is of motor driver and power supply.

Oh

Op-course you can use it as your describe circuit. Our mobile charging jack goes up to 1.5A load eft it will go approximately 3-5A.

Status
Not open for further replies.