Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DRC/LVS in SOC-Encounter - running drc in encounter

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumar_eee

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
running drc in encounter

We can check the geometry violations & connectivity violations in encounter itself. But why do we go for calibre to check it once again?.

lef and laff asic design

Kumar,

In the pnr tool (Soc enounter in the current discussion) we will basically read the abstract information of the cell (LEF) instead of complete information (gdsii or laff ) in-order to have results earlier.Also, it is difficult to code all the rules in the pnr tool itself.
We will use calibre/hercules as a sign-off tools which read's the complete information of the layout's and runs rule checker on them.

Thanks
Teja

Re: DRC/LVS in SOC-Encounter

yes, I agree...We can't check all the DRC rules in Encounter.. for that we need a kind of sign off tools in which we can use the golden rule files.

Re: DRC/LVS in SOC-Encounter

yes i agree with them .... calibre is signoff tool for verification .. because the names of the nets in the pnr tool not pushed down from the top level but when we do gdsii it willpush down net name 4m top hierarachy ... to botom ( This is in LVS point of view) thats why you can see some shorts in pnr but those may ot be real .. if you load design in calibre ... you cannot see those false shorts

DRC/LVS in SOC-Encounter

i agree with all the above replies.
sign off tools are what the industry relies upon and Calibre is considered as one of the best tools for DRC/LVS checks. As told already SoC Encounter used only abstract view i.e., LEF it might not capture all the DRC rules. Hence the requirement of running sign off checks on Calibre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back