Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does digital transmission is faster than analog one ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hello.balakumaran

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
1. DOES DIGITAL TRANSMISSION IS FASTER THAN ANALOG TRANSMISSION

2. DOES DIGITAL TRANSMISSION OCCUPIES HIGHER BANDWIDTH WHEN COMPARED TO ANALOG TRANSMISSION

PLZZ EXPLAIN WITH AN EXAMPLE

ANALOG VS DIGITAL

bandwidth is mostly based on modulation scheme.... as far as i know analog transmission is faster than digital transmission....

ANALOG VS DIGITAL

I don't think this a matter of which is faster, but which has greater data capacity. Digital obviously has greater data capacity because a given analog carrier there can be a lot of modulated digital data, while analog data is just that the data itself.

ANALOG VS DIGITAL

digital data you get by sampling the analog data.... so suppose i have a analog signal and suppose i want to send the same then i have to sample it at a frequency greater than twice its frequency and then modulate and send it... now how do u say it is has greater data capacity...

pls give the comparison in terms of the analog signal and its equivalent digital signal....

ANALOG VS DIGITAL

only data relaybility...
Coding. CRC, Reed-Solomon - only digital ;)

ANALOG VS DIGITAL

A.Anand Srinivasan if you are speaking of A/D then D/A you are correct, however, in a digital system where data is encoded, that's different. Think about the old telephone system with twisted pair vs. the digital systme we have now, which has VoIP...that's a lot more data than the old system which was analog.

Added after 1 minutes:

Granted fiber optic has a lot to do with that, but the data is still digitally encoded for compactness.

ANALOG VS DIGITAL

No matter digital or analog transmisstion, the capacity of a channel is limited by the bandwidth and noise character of the channel. The transmisstion speed is a trade-off with the received signal quality, that is BER in digtal transmisstion and SNR in analog transmission. With the same channel bandwidth and noise character and equivalent received signal quality the transmission speed should be same.

Re: ANALOG VS DIGITAL

iwpia50s said:
Think about the old telephone system with twisted pair vs. the digital systme we have now, which has VoIP...that's a lot more data than the old system which was analog.

Added after 1 minutes:

Granted fiber optic has a lot to do with that, but the data is still digitally encoded for compactness.

If you are refer to data carry of the old telephone system vs the new system, you are correct. However, before the signal can be sent, it need to process to digital. regare of which way, the data present in the digital is still the same as analog. It just more efficient, and the BER is high in digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back