Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dividing crystal oscillator with 4060

Status
Not open for further replies.

madiger

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a 38.4khz crystal oscillator circuit that i have running into a 4060 ripple counter. i thought that if i used an AND gate on the Q5 and Q6 outputs that i would get a 400Hz frequency (2^5 + 2^6 = 96; 38400/96=400), but i'm getting a 350Hz with a 25% duty cycle. I need to divide the frequency down to a clean 400hz, any ideas?

I don't think that sounds right. You should get 300Hz out with what you have built - the same frequency as Q6 but with lower duty cycle (25%) due to gating it with Q5.

What I think you wanted to do is reset the counter using the AND gate. The problem with that is you still don't get 50% duty cycle and you can get glitches when it resets the counter, although if you use Q6 as your output it will be OK.

Keith.

madiger

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
you're right, that 350 hz was a typo, i was getting 300 hz out of the AND gate. I tried your method and it worked perfectly, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back