Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

discrete time interpolation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ran_out

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am stuck on some exercise from computer explorations in signals and systems ex. 7.2, i uploaded the relevant pages.

where can i find info about this subject, i mean taking a discrete signal, upsample it and then interpolate with a digital filter.

i am trying to implement a bandlimited interpolation of some signal sampled at
Ts = 1/2

Now i upsample it by 4, which means that i insert 3 zeros between each sample

and then i need to interpolate.

if i use linear interpoaltor (triangle wave) - no problem

my problem is with the ideal lowpass digital interpoaltor

i must be wrong somewhere - but according to my understanding - that's why i do:

1. i take hlp = (sin(Ws*t/2))/(Ws*t/2)

2. i sample it with Ti = 1/8, because after i upsample the input signal the sample time became 0.5/4 = 1/8

3. i trancate it between -2 and 2, because thats what ive been asked to do (its taken from computer exploration in signals and systems ex. 7.2)

4. my problem is that hlp = 0 for t = nTi by definition, so when i convolve it with the upsampled input, it does nothing

how should i do it right?

what am i missing here?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back