Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Directional Loop Coupler

Status
Not open for further replies.

markito86

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am searching, paper, books etc etc to design, in HFSS or CST, Directional Loop Couplers, like this **broken link removed** (pag 35).

I don't undestand how the 2 SMA and the waveguide coupled and if the second SMA is load.

Then, in detail, where is the network between the 2 SMA and in which way.

Thanks of all...

The coupler looks like this

In the catalog photo, one port is terminated with 50 ohms, the other with a N connector.

The coupler looks like this

In the catalog photo, one port is terminated with 50 ohms, the other with a N connector.

Tks, this picture is perfect to understand the design, but have u also the dimensions of the structure (i.e. a, b, d, l1 ) ?

I copied the figure from a textbook, unfortunately it has no calculations, neither MIT volume 8, 10 or 11 has it as far as I see.

Basically the loop is interfaced to a standard rectangular waveguide, the loop length is usually < λ/4, the diameter of the round hole and loop distance to waveguide surface determines the coupling coefficients. According to literature, the loop may be rotated by a small angle (e.g. 15 degree).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back