Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

digital logic gate creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

vasanth kumar

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi there,

there are two logic inputs i1 and i2. when both are 0 the output should be 0. and when both are 1, the output should be 1. in other conditions like 0 1 and 1 0, the previous state should be the output(dont care conditions). please help me with formula.

there are two logic inputs i1 and i2. when both are 0 the output should be 0. and when both are 1, the output should be 1. in other conditions like 0 1 and 1 0, the previous state should be the output(dont care conditions). please help me with formula.
Based on your description...

Code:
i1 i2 o | o'
========+===
0  0  x | 0
0  1  0 | 0
0  1  1 | 1
1  0  0 | 0
1  0  1 | 1
1  1  x | 1

Which isn't a "gate" as it latches the output when the the inputs aren't the same.

Either provide a better description or preferably a truth table.

i1 i2 o/p
========
0 0 0
0 1 X
1 0 X
1 1 1

this is my requirement.

- - - Updated - - -

with "AND" gate, for the inputs 0 and 1, 1 and 0 output is 0. but i need the previous output as the present output for those inputs.

You want this

i1 i2 o/p
========
0 0 0
0 1 w
1 0 w
1 1 1

where w is the previous state

X means you don't care/indeterminate

in another words an XOR high output gives the previous state [whatever that was]
otherwise an AND output

Qn-1XYQN

As from above table Qn-1 is previous state & X, Y are your inputs & Qn is your required output then the boolean function you are looking for is something like
Code:
Q[SUB]n[/SUB] = YQ[SUB]n-1[/SUB] + XQ[SUB]n-1[/SUB] + XY

i1 i2 o/p
========
0 0 0
0 1 X
1 0 X
1 1 1

this is my requirement.

- - - Updated - - -

with "AND" gate, for the inputs 0 and 1, 1 and 0 output is 0. but i need the previous output as the present output for those inputs.
Apart from unclear or ambiguous phrasing, a logical design using a previous state is a sequential circuit and must have a clock and specify an active edge. So the description is still incomplete.

Status
Not open for further replies.