Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

digital clock temperature/date with hourly chime

Status
Not open for further replies.

4la

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i need help to design and construct a digital clock that can display temperature (using ds1820) and date with hourly chime. pls help.

What help do you need?

i actually need a complete help, schematic diagram and source code, on a PIC micro controller based digital clock temperature/date with hourly chime. pls help!!!!!!!!

You asked for 'help to design".

Now you are asking for everything done and supplied ready to use. Do you want to design it yourself with help from friends here or are you asking for a free design service??
(hint: nothing in life is free.....)

Brian.

Hi,

There are plenty of designs around for such ready to build project - just Google.

Here is a good one that has everything you need, just add chimes....Digital Clock/Date/Thermometer with PIC16F628/PIC16F84/PIC16F690 and DS18S20/DS18B20

thanks,wp100
i actually have implemented the one on that link and it worked as advertised. but i need to improve on it with the every hour beep. on the PIC16F84A i used all the I/O are used up!

i really need some one to help me on which chip with more i/o i could transfer the code to with the desired every hour beep.

Hi,

Glad to here the whole project has worked well for you, I only used the DS18B20 subroutine as its a difficult one to get right in assembler as the timings are critical.

Almost any larger 16F chip will work fine, you just have to set up the extra ports and possibly stop extra functions like analogue or comparators from being involked by default.

Typically cheap and common larger chips are the 16F876A or 16F877A.

Perhaps see whats available in your area and let use know, and we can perhaps advise which is the better choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.