Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

clock synchronization

Mtech1

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I'm having difficulty understanding the concept of clock synchronization in embedded communication protocols like SPI and I2C. From what I gather, it seems to involve making sure that data is sent and received at the correct time.

Can someone provide a simplified explanation of what exactly clock synchronization means in these contexts and why it's important?"

It means that with I2C/SPI the sender will issue the clock on the bus in order to the receiver take data at the correct timming. Differently from the Serial UART communication ( that you asked in another thread ) on which there the receiver data clock is supposed to be configured to match the sender's one, here you don't need to care about in some extent.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: