Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Different width of signals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kosyas41

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Could you pls help me,I faced with next problem, I have to signals,one signal is 31 bits width,and the other is 16 bits,how to connect it together?
Code:
tx_sample_i      : signed(15 downto 0)
s_out : std_logic_vector(31 downto 0)
s_out => tx_sample_i
which conversion should I do?

You are copying a signed entity to std_logic_vector which needs explanation. What do you want to achieve? Sign extend the signed number to 32 bit? Left adjust the 16 bit number? Ignore the signed nature and fill the result with zero bits?

You should code the logic operation that is required by your specific application. We can't know what it is.

I already checked that link/and I know how to convert.My fft engine produce two outputs,each 32 bits width std_logic_vector,after this I want to connect this output whit thransiver input.which has only 16 signed width signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back