Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

difference between vpulse and vpwl voltage sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob1012

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
vpwl spectre

Hi, can any1 tell me if there is a difference in transient simulation response when i use vpulse or if i use vpwl voltage source in my circuit test bench?

different sources, use it on your own application

Hi
If shape of two signals be the same there is no difference otherwise if you have two different input then you have two different output.
pulse generates only pulse but pwl generate linear shapes.
regards

i'm doing transient simulation (spectre) in ADE... i used vpulse supply with a 200nsec delay and noticed that the simulator encountered some time to converge at this point... anyway i tried to replace vpulse with vpwl with the exact waveform and noticed there were no problems as before.

rob1012 said:
i'm doing transient simulation (spectre) in ADE... i used vpulse supply with a 200nsec delay and noticed that the simulator encountered some time to converge at this point... anyway i tried to replace vpulse with vpwl with the exact waveform and noticed there were no problems as before.

Hi
Is your problem time?
The output results are the same?
regards

hr_rezaee said:
rob1012 said:

Hi
Is your problem time?
The output results are the same?
regards

The output results are the same but the difference in simulation time is very long.. that's why i'm wonderin what could be the reason for this.
tnx

What are parameters for vpulse and vpwl? Are you sure they have the same rise time?

Vpwl and vpulse have more specific node information than the vsource,so i often use vpwl and vpulse in the tran simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back