Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Difference between various terms used in system verilog

Status
Not open for further replies.

telangamey_ei

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am new to System Verilog and just started reading it.

I am confused with the following terms:-

#1. Test, Generator, Agent & Driver this all looks same to me, what exactly is the difference in all of them.
#2. Similarly what is the difference in Score Board, Checker, Assertions & Monitor this all also looks same to me.

Can some one please explain this considering simple example of UART may be.

Please see that I already have gone through "testbench.in" website but it doesn't help me.

Thanks

Capture.PNG

The point of all these names is to encapsulate different components of a testbench in to separate components so that it becomes more re-usable and easier to maintain. The UVM introduces a standard way of separating these components so that it becomes easier to integrate components from different sources. Try the Verification Academy courses.

Thanks Dave for your reply.

I understand that each component is separated in S.V. to make it more re-usable.

But what every component should content & what it suppose to do? I am looking out for this explanation.

Could you please help to elaborate each component content & meaning?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back