Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Detecting if subject is asleep without contact

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbeie

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
planning a project!

Can anyone suggest me,from where should i start from as am trying to prepare a setup to detect alpha rays level in your body and instantly turn off ur system or ipod or television..

The idea occured to me when i want to listen to music,watch television until i fell asleep!

planning a project!

you can probably ask someone in ur family or ur room mate do to that.. :) fun.

curious.. is there something?

Re: planning a project!

Coz I are a terrible Engrishman ! (actually I'm Welsh but don't tell anyone)

Seriously, I think we need a new section on Edaboard for people who can only send messages 160 characters long and can only type with one thumb. :D

Brian.

Mr.brain i have corrected my text.... now decide whether these people really need to keep another edaboard or not...

planning a project!

Is there any sensor to detect alpha rays?

It is only possible if you can detect the level of alpha rays.

Nandhu

Thank you for editing your original message Pbeie, it is much easier to read now and we can understand the question clearly.

Yes, you could do it but as far as I know the only way to detect "alpha rhytms" (Alpha rays are something completely different) is by direct electrical contact to the head. Nothing is radiated, they can only be detected by measuring tiny potential differences on the skin around the skull.

Although not impossible, I would think your idea is impractical for safety reasons. Detecting sleep with wire electrodes attached to your head sounds like a recipe for hanging yourself in bed.

Brian.

pbeie

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back