Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Detecting A Black Point on White Backround by FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnrbyrm

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody

I need your help for my project. I am just beginner on programmable devices. Thats why i couldnt figure out how to process a basic image. This image involves only one black point on a white surface. After processing image, i have to determine location of point on image by utilizing pixels. what shoul i do before for realising this implementation on FPGA. What are the basic principles of image processing by FPGAs. I couldnt find enough information for this purpose. is there anybody to direct me to a link or kind of tutorials.

byeee :))

1) Load the image into memory.
2) Go through every byte of memory, and examine its contents. (Keep track of your row and column.)
3) If all pixels of that byte are On, the contents will be 11111111 (equals 255 decimal).
4) If any pixel is Off, then the byte contents will be less than 255. Examine that byte further.
5) You want to find which of 8 pixels (bits) is Off. To do this, 'AND' the value with powers of 2.

Firstly thnk you for assist, i have got most of your explanation. the first step that i need to apply how to take bitstreams into data. Then , i have to examine the data to learn location of black points (meaning logical '0' pixels). Is that indeed. But my following question is going to be if i do also process of examining content by FPGA or creating a microprocessor unit within FPGA makes the implementation easier. In your last matter , you mean 'AND GATE' by saying 'and'. For me the important point is knowing location of 'off pixels'. how can i achieve this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back