Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designing Gate Drive Circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

chieeeeef

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Can anyone help me how to design gate drive circuits (step by step)? Or does anyone know any article/s that gives a step by step approach on how to design gate drive circuits? I would really appreciate it if anyone could upload a link or could direct me to articles regarding designing gate drive circuits. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

chieeeeef

Hi VVV,

Thanks for the article. I just read the article you gave me. I somehow understood the article. What we were looking for was the gate current required to charge the parasitic capacitances of the MOSFET, however, what's next? We already know the gate current and gate voltage required to fully turn-on and turn-off the MOSFET but how do I choose the proper components that will produce the said requirements? This is what I meant from my earlier post. If for example, I would like to design a totem-pole driver to drive the gate of the MOSFET, what steps or how do I choose the components needed in a totem-pole driver so that I could satisfy the gate current and gate voltage requirements?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

chieeeeef

Start with this. h**p://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-944.pdf
If it's still not clear, post again. I will try to answer

Try unitrodes seminar
Design And Application Guide For High Speed MOSFET Gate Drive Circuits
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.