Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design Of High Fraequency Oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.
kspalla said:
You can take a low frequency oscillator and do the frequency multiplication.

You have a very nice logo - the flying bird. However, your advice couldn´t reach the level of the bird. Have you never heard something about technology step/change above a certain frequency limit ? 5 GHz with lumped elements ? Good luck.

Yes you can make an oscillator in discrete technology. Even opened a satellite LNB and looked inside? There's two 10GHz oscillators inside with dielectric cylinders as a resonator, DRO's. At 5GHz that's also possible, but alternatively you could resort to microstrip resonators. And even discrete resonators is feasible but you'll probably need some sort of tuning after manufacturing. Buy some VCO modules from minicircuits or others and open them, you'll see...

Hi radiohead,

I agree with you, however, remember that kspalla has recommended to start with a low frequency design (which certainly not will be based on dielectric cylinder devices). Therefore, when I spoke about "lumped" elements I was referring, of course, only to R, L and C.

Would be so simple for all microwave and high frequency designs just to multiply signals starting from low frequencies.

@ luv2ravi120
Try to search for “RF and Microwave Transistor Oscillator Design” by A. Grebennikov
https://books.google.com/

If the oscillator will have fixed frequency, it's possible to build it up with dielectric resonators at that frequency. In addition to, by using microstrip lines and cavity resonators may be an another choice..

You have a very nice logo - the flying bird. However, your advice couldn´t reach the level of the bird.

Ha Ha Ha! That's so G.A.Y.!

Status
Not open for further replies.