Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

design and implemenation of viterbi decoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

setareh_mehr85

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to design viterbi decoder

hello
I'm doing my final year project design and implementation of virebi deocder, can any one can help me with a source code , I'm using VHDL

So you want somebody to do your senior design project for you? Good luck finding somebody that nice.

No I didnt ask to do design for me I;m half way with my design and done the convo encoder and I aldo did the matlab , I need the codes to compare with my codes because I'm stuck in somewhere, by the way if you cant help don't reply....

You can use Matlab to compare the decoder outputs as well. Look into the viterbi function in Matlab.

i can help u , could u brief where did u stuck in branch metric unit or path mertic or survivor memory unit.

i'm using hard decision, my problem is in coding part how to write the code to compare my recievede code with state output and calculate the ham distance , for now I need to solve how to write the code to calculate the hamming distance this the code i write to start up for branchmetric
LIBRARY IEEE;
USE IEEE.std_logic_1164.all;
USE IEEE.std_logic_unsigned.all;

entity branchmetric IS

generic (

Bit_Width : integer := 3;
BM_Width : integer := 4);

port (
input0 : IN std_logic_vector (Bit_Width - 1 downto 0);
input1 : IN std_logic_vector (Bit_Width - 1 downto 0);
bm00 : OUT std_logic_vector(BM_Width - 1 DOWNTO 0);
bm01 : OUT std_logic_vector(BM_Width - 1 DOWNTO 0);
bm10 : OUT std_logic_vector(BM_Width - 1 DOWNTO 0);
bm11 : OUT std_logic_vector(BM_Width - 1 DOWNTO 0)
);
end branchmetric ;

architecture brm of branchmetric is

SIGNAL bm00_0 : std_logic_vector(Bit_Width - 1 DOWNTO 0);
SIGNAL bm00_1 : std_logic_vector(Bit_Width - 1 DOWNTO 0);
SIGNAL bm01_0 : std_logic_vector(Bit_Width - 1 DOWNTO 0);
SIGNAL bm01_1 : std_logic_vector(Bit_Width - 1 DOWNTO 0);
SIGNAL bm10_0 : std_logic_vector(Bit_Width - 1 DOWNTO 0);
SIGNAL bm10_1 : std_logic_vector(Bit_Width - 1 DOWNTO 0);
SIGNAL bm11_0 : std_logic_vector(Bit_Width - 1 DOWNTO 0);
SIGNAL bm11_1 : std_logic_vector(Bit_Width - 1 DOWNTO 0);

it is very easy way because matlab include viterbi decoder and this is away to convert it to vhdl
just write in matlab command window
>>demos
and see demos about simulik=>hdl coder=>communication=>viterbi decoder
use matlab 2008a or higher

hi, i recently saw project report on the same topic. if you are interested for the same, i can be somewhat helpful..........:|

I will be tgreatful if you help me, I am almost done with my coding but the big problem is the fpga board could you help in any way, I'm kind of stuck right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back