Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Delta sigma modulator with asymmetrical step sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

palermo

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear community,

I try to design a delta-sigma modulator. I have fully differential structure and the amplifier is simple folded cascode opamp w/ nMOS input devices. When I implement a sole switched cap integrator out of these, everything works very well. However, when I modify the structure into a 1st order modulator (i.e. adding ideal latched comparator and a mux for Vref switching), step sizes vary for up & down steps at the integrator output.

Where do you think I should look into?

Details:
Implemented circuits are charge based SC integrator and MOD1. A proper clocking scheme is used to reduce the charge injection (i.e. delayed and non-delayed phases are existent).

Best,
palermo

Have you taken into account the extra load added by the comparator? And the kickback effect of the same? You might try to add a preamplifier in front of the comparator to reduce the kickback effect if that is causing any trouble to your modulator...

Have you taken into account the extra load added by the comparator? And the kickback effect of the same? You might try to add a preamplifier in front of the comparator to reduce the kickback effect if that is causing any trouble to your modulator...

hi,

i use d-ff from ahdlLib, which is ideal and does not load the circuit.

FYI: It was a switch problem. When I implemented ultra low resistance switches, it has vanished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back