Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Degree Symbol Using Sim900

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmrps

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends i am using sim900 modem to send temperature message to customer for that i have to send degree symbol via sms using sim900 module for that i am using hex code 0xB0 for degree symbol but it will not received in sms remaining characters received fine please give me your guidance to send degree symbol via sim900 module sms

Try this.

Code:
UART1_Write_Text(temperature);
IART1_Write(' ');
UART1_Write(0xB0);
UART1_Write(' ');
UART1_Write('C');
UART1_Write(0x1A);

No it is not working
Uart_2_PutChar(' ');
Uart_2_PutChar(0xB0);
Uart_2_PutChar(' ');
Uart_2_PutChar('C');
Uart_2_PutChar(0x1A);

Please zip and post your project files.

- - - Updated - - -

Try this. It works for me.

Code C - [expand]
UART1_Write_Text(temperature);
IART1_Write(' ');
UART1_Write(248);
UART1_Write(' ');
UART1_Write('C');
UART1_Write(0x1A);

broken link removed

Attachments

• degree symbol.png
    degree symbol.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited by a moderator:

You need to learn something about GSM alphabets. The default GSM 7-bit alphabet doesn't include the degree symbol.

Transmitting SMS with a different alphabet is a bit tricky. You must select a different character set (e.g. UCS2) in the GSM header and also switch the modem interface to a different alphabet. To avoid conflicts with limited charset support of a modem, most programmers avoid these problems by switching to PDU mode SMS.

Reactions: rmrps

rmrps

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back