Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

debugging AT89s52 -my whole circuit is not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: debugging AT89s52

Can you now read the transmitted data at the micro's Rx pin?

what's your intent on loading the SCON with 0x72 ?
your specifying a 12Mhz crystal in your code ?

I am able to see the output in an oscilloscope.

The SCON I really dont remember BUt I got if from a micro controller pgmming book and modified only what I want.BUt neverthless the same pgm worked in my previous project which used the same microcontroller and same program.
BUT the rest of the circuitry has been rebuilt and I am not sure of the old circuitry as I was not the one who built it alst time and I dont have the circuitry with me too..

Regarding 12 MHz I was said the computer can communicate only in round off integers like 11 or 12..and it did work last time .but now I have tried both 11.059 and 12 still it does not work...

I suspect the hardware part is the problem..

LAst time when I conected Rs232 directly would the crystal have been destroyed?

Are you ISPing this device. Are you resetting it from ISP control or at device level. Is your ISP connected? I usually reset from ISP up until things are done and the cable comes off. Reseting at device level while the cable/buffer is still connected can be unpredictable.

LAst time when I conected Rs232 directly would the crystal have been destroyed?
what does your scope say when you check the ALE pin? It should be clocking. You can drop your EA line then observe if your external address port is advancing.
If I'm not mistaken, a reset condition halts the clock. Make sure your reset is performing.

So, with a proper reset, a clocking ALE, and a high on EA, you should then load in a simple looping routine to toggle a port pin. If that works, then I'd go straight to that baud rate issue and nail that down.

I finally connected 8 leds to my port 2 which is my output port and did send input thro rs232 and lo the right pins did glow according to the pgm output!!!..

So the circuit is fine pgm is fine and RS232 communication is fine...

BUt the voltage measured across the high pins were only 1.7 volt is it because of using LED? does the voltage generated on high pins dependent on the components placed at the ouput pin or should they be always 5V.(My power input is around 4.98V)

The voltage problem is also solved now .BEcause previously i connected the led positive to the pin and negative to the ground.
However Now I reversed the polarity and connected aresitor inbetween it shows 4.5V.
Uh..Finally after struggle for fifteen days!!!!

:D that takes long...congrats anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back