Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DDR4 SDRAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musawir

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am going to design DDR4 SDRAM in verilog.
So the below figure shows the memory subsystem as DDR controller, DDR PHY and DDR DRAM.

I have to design all of these subsystem? From where I will start?
Please alse refer me some good materials related to DDR4 SDRAM. Thanks

1671690685051.png

@Musawir
To me it is still not clear whether you want to design the memory itself or only the memory controller core!

If it is the controller core, someone named @promach tried to do something in this direction. You should search out his posts.

I also found something at GitHub : https://github.com/buttercutter/DDR
Thanks for your kind response.
As I am new to DDR. Now I am just following the DDR4 standard JEDEC spec. I want to implement the whole system as in the above figure. Is it possible first design a memory module and then the memory controller?

Is it possible first design a memory module and then the memory controller?
A simulation model of the memory in Verilog is always provided by the manufacturer. No need to write that on your own. You can focus on the memory controller part.

Do we need DDR PHY Interface between Memory Controller and DDR DRAM Memory?
Generally, yes.
You say you are using JEDEC DDR4 spec as a guide, so you should already have a brief idea which specific functions need to be implemented between logical interface layer implemented in memory controller and I/O buffers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back