Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC Voltage at Line-In port

Status
Not open for further replies.

syedmuzahirali

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am making a PC sound card based Electromyograph, to record voluntary muscle activation. The output from the hardware will be sent to the soundcard using Line-In port. I have already made a circuit simulation of my Hardware which consists of an instrumentation amplifier, A wideband bandpass filter of frequency 15 - 550 Hz and a Full wave rectifier. Looking on the internet i have found that the line-in port can take upto 1.5Vrms input. The output of my hardware is in range to this value which i think is fine but the problem arises here. I am also getting DC voltage with the AC voltage at my output. I'm afraid that the circuit can still work. Could anyone out here help me with this. I am also attaching the circuit simulation file.

Regards,

Ali

Attachments

• EMG_working.pdf
    53.9 KB · Views: 67

in your circuit you have used dual supply.
which will not produce any o/p dc voltage.

the last opamp tlo82 circuit can be modified to have an ac o/p.

or simply , to test connect a coupling cap of some medium value to line-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.