Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC To Dc Step up with constant Out put voltage of 600 vdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

sreeindia

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All

I want 24 vdc to 600 vdc Step up Converter for my project. my problem is the input voltage is variable from 24 to 40. but my out put should be constant. and in put current is 40 Amps ( Also variable). So please some body help me to complete the project along with PCb design and BOM

Thanks regards
sree

@sreeindia: U can first regulate your voltage using adjustable voltage regulator like LM 317 & then step it up using transformer or buck boost converter.
But 40 A to LM 317 i don't know & the max. output current of LM 317 is approx 1.5-2.5 A.So maybe u could use a buffer like Class AB power amplifier to improve current.

Specify how much current you need at o/p

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply Mr. rahdirs my output current is Max.12Amps

@sreeindia: As i said use LM 317/similar adjustable voltage regulator to make your changing input to constant 24 V and improve its current gain by amplifier and step it up with transformer,but i think it is very in-efficient.

But if u do little math,assuming ideal transformer for stepping up,
Power at primary (Vp * Ip) = Power at Secondary (Vs * Is)
U said Vs = 600 V & Is = 12A(max.) Vp = 24V(after regulating made constant)
u need Ip = 300 A !!!!!!!!!
Output max. current of LM 317 = 1.5A , so u need a current gain of 300/1.5 = 200. That power amplifier even if u design it would be a very poor model as it would consume 300*24 = 7200W = 7.2kW power. Highly inefficient.
See if u can do ur job efficiently with buck-boost converter,i'm not good at those and can't provide u with math.

Thanks brother I will try to do that and i will get back to you

Status
Not open for further replies.