Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC Switch for 5VDC, 1.5A

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZincBear

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
5v dc 1.5 a

Hi all,

I need to switch between 4 identical devices of 5V and 1.5A. When i turn on device 1, devices 2,3 & 4 should be off. When i turn on device 2, devices 1,3 & 4 should be off and so on. (Pls see attached picture)

CMOS compatible digital outputs are available from my PC controlled DAQ board if control is needed.

I have tried looking for multiplexers or demultiplexers from TI and analog devices. However MUX and deMUX are usually for digital signals, hence, only low load currents are permitted. 1A is definitely out of the question.

Here, i need about 1.5A to pass through this switch each time. Any practical solutions?

Kindly help!

manual switches for 5vdc

4 relays would be applicable but not practical enough...

Can try using 2 dual N-MOS in series with each negative terminal of your source.

power electronics dc switch

Yep. I thought of relays... but these are mechanical parts.

Any recommendations for dual N-MOS products that might work?

dc switch

from your PC for example drive ADP3419 which will then drive NTA4153N or any similar configuration.
I would not drive any switch like that directly form PC - you might burn out your bus. (I did that)

Status
Not open for further replies.