Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC-DC converter with constant current limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

maheshjalgaonkar

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Sir,

I want to develop a DC-DC converter with constant current limit . So i choose lm 2575 which is suitable for my requirement load and line regulation . Now the question is how do i impliment current limit in It (15V/500mA). Please anyone help me .

Last edited:

hi

you can use LM317 , refer to its datasheet from ON semiconductor or National semiconductor

Sir,

I want to develop a DC-DC converter with constant current limit . So i choose lm 2575 which is suitable for my requirement load and line regulation . Now the question is how do i impliment current limit in It (15V/500mA). Please anyone help me .
Hi maheshjalgaonkar
As you can see in datasheet of LM2577 , there is a pin which has been called on/off pin . if you tie a resistor from it through the input then the IC will be turned off , so you can easily implement hiccup current limiting with that . it means take a sample from out put current via a low value resistor like 0.1 ohm and then apply it into a comparator and compare it with 0.05 volt , and then try to use a simple BJT or mosfet ti turn off and on it via a command signal which comes from the comparator and then it will enforce the on / off pin to be high or low so the current will be easily limited .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Thanks for giving answer i tried with ON/OFF pin but its behavior is strenge. So now i selected mc33063 IC.

i tried with ON/OFF pin but its behavior is strenge
Hi again
What do you mean it is strange ? i've used this method for many times and without any problem . can you tell me what happened when you used this method ? and how you used this method ?

Best Luck
Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.