Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Custom Arduino Board Failed To Upload Sketch

Status
Not open for further replies.

lockman_akim

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I have one original Arduino Uno which the FTDI chip was not work. so i decided to make my own custom arduino. Basically at my custom uno, there is no FTDI chip, i just pull the TX and RX to some header pin connector so i will plug my ftdi USB to UART converter to that particular header pin. i pull out Atmega328 from original uno and put it to my custom uno. i believe the uC is still work since i can upload sketch into that uC using other original Uno. But when i plug USB to UART converter to my custom uno board and try to upload sketch using Arduino IDE i have an error

stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

i have done a lot of troubleshooting like swaping TX and RX connection, try with other Atmega328 (with uno bootlooder). but still not work. what i do wrong?

It's because you have selected wrong COMx port. Select proper COM port and it will upload the sketch.

Hi,

and you have to select the proper baud rate....

Klaus

It's because you have selected wrong COMx port. Select proper COM port and it will upload the sketch.

it only one com port in my pc which is COM7 and i have check it in Device manager, it belong to my FTDI usb to uart conveter.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

and you have to select the proper baud rate....

Klaus

what is the proper baud rate? and how to set the baud rate for uploading sketch? as i know, baud rate can only change when we try to do serial com in serial monitor.

Hi,

what is the proper baud rate? and how to set the baud rate for uploading sketch? as i know, baud rate can only change when we try to do serial com in serial monitor.

I don´t know the proper baud rate.

But you talk of UART - it needs a baud rate. (most probably it´s set with ATMEGA firmware)
You talk of COM7 - is also needs a baud rate. (it can be set inwindows device manager)

and both must match.

Klaus

Finally i found what is the problem. to upload the sketch, not only TX and RX pin is used, but DTR pin should be also connect to the RESET pin.

DTR >-------- | | --------- >RESET PIN
0.1 uf

now my problem is solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.