Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Curvature-Compensated BiCMOS Bandgap with 1-V Supply Voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystalballs

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
curvature compensated bicmos bandgap

Hi all,

I'm trying to do the design described in this Malcovati's paper (attached):
"Curvature-Compensated BiCMOS Bandgap with 1-V Supply Voltage"

The circuit schematic is this:

**broken link removed**

Does anyone has already done a similar design?

Thanks in advance.
CBs

band gap bicmos

yes. what is your doubt?

Re: Curvature-Compensated BiCMOS Bandgap with 1-V Supply Vol

Hi amriths04 and thanks for you answer.

Do you know that paper? Have you read it?
I'm trying to design that circuit, following the equations described but it seems no possible to reach a performance below 10ppm/^C.
I'm using a 0.35 CMOS tech, not a BiCMOS, but other papers describe about the same circuit reaching about the same performances (about 7 ppm/^C).
Moreover, starting from the simplest 1st order compensated circuit descibed in fig 1 it is hard to reach 20ppm/^C.

If you have already done this kind of design what's for example your values for the current in the BJTs and the resistances?

TIA,
CBs.

Re: Curvature-Compensated BiCMOS Bandgap with 1-V Supply Vol

crystalballs said:
Hi amriths04 and thanks for you answer.
Do you know that paper? Have you read it?

I know about this paper, but have not read it.

crystalballs said:
I'm using a 0.35 CMOS tech, not a BiCMOS,
That matters. Generally for cheaper design, people use parasitic pnp from a CMOS technology. If you use a BICMOS you get good beta for your BJTs.

crystalballs said:
but other papers describe about the same circuit reaching about the same performances (about 7 ppm/^C).
Did you try simulating across corners and tried to see which is the best ppm/^C you get?
Did you try using high impedance(cascoded) current mirrors for proper mirroring?
Did you choose the resistance values properly? It's critical.

crystalballs said:
If you have already done this kind of design what's for example your values for the current in the BJTs and the resistances?
Anyway I did it long back, i don't remember. I think the current through each branch was some 30uA. The resistances were some where in Kohms and Mohms. I used 180nm technology. Got some 12ppm/^C.

TIA,
CBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back