Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

current regulated DC-DC booster

Status
Not open for further replies.

anselm

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!
I just registered.
I am not specifically electronic trained, but I have some hobbyist notions.

I am trying to create an adjustable current regulated power supply.
Requirements:
Input: 3-4V DC (more specifically, a single LiIon cell, 18650)
Output: 3-7V DC @ a maximum of 1.5~2 Amperes.
constant current, Adjustable via potentiometer or selectable via jumpered resistor, for example.

At first, breadboard sizes are OK, but if the design is sound, a small PCB version
would be awesome.

Can someone "shove" me in the right direction?
I am still not even sure wether I should make one from scratch using diodes, transistors, caps and an inductor coil, or use one of the many boosting PWM switching ICs.

Precise output voltage is not as important as a solid current regulation.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Your great problem is the charge of the circuit? what is it?? 1 Ohm?? 10 thousand Ohm? depending on this, your desired current may vary greatly.
One great booster is the DC-DC chopper booster using a Bridge of MOSFETs alternating them with PWMs, and then using a transformer for amplification, and finally using a rectifier for your desired voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.