Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current Distribution - E & H field

Status
Not open for further replies.

ishtiaq

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anybody help me to determine an E & H Field of any irregular body by getting the current distribution across the whole body.

Pl reply me as I am busy with a project.

Rgds and GIG,

Ishtiaq

Do you have the current distribution in the whole body
(volume current density) ?

Do you want to have the E and H field inside or outside the body ?

If you want to get E/H inside, you can use an interpolation.
Outside, you can use integration along the whole surface of the body

regards

hi ishtiaq:
you can refer to the chapter 3 of the "time harmonic electromagnetic fields" by professor "Harrington" if you are not known with equivalance and some necessary theories in this subject , and then write a code with MATLAB or any other software which you prefer.
goodluck.

mudrik, careful not to confuse E/B fields as found inside and outside of the conductor (of whatever shape).

inside the conductor is an integral across the closed surface, this is Lorentz equation.

outside the conductor contains the Electromagnetic fields that do NOT diverge into the conductor (be is wire, plane, strange shape whatever). this is the heavyside component. i think it is also refered to by maxwell as the .. ummm... "displacement current" i believe.

may seem as though i am needlessly nit-picking you. but i think there is a big difference that will shortly (next year?) become obvious.

Mr.Cool

Indeed..,
I imagine, the problem described is a human (or something else) is exposed
by electromagnetic field of arbitrary form.
So, the human/else (something inhomogen and irregular) is a scatter.
Due to the presence of this inhomogeneties, the fields (inside or outside) it,
have different values as before. In electromagnetics the researchers use
the method of equivalence (see Harrington) and define equivalent current
density (magnetic and electric) on the body (surface currents) and
also inside the body (volume current).
The problem becomes more complicated because the body is highly inhomogen.

Many researchers combine the method of moment (introduced by Harrington
in to EM community) and Finite Element method. Outside we use MoM and
inside we use FEM

regards

ahh.. ok. i see, you are defining the difference between EM fields that travel through the center (for example) of the conductor vs. EM fields that travel along the outer surface of the conductor (skin effect?).

i was talking about the difference between EM fields traveling in the conductor (surface + interior) vs. EM fields that leave the source but do NOT get bound into the conductor at all. this is the non-divergent portion of the EM fields.

Mr.Cool

Status
Not open for further replies.