Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] current consumption of Active device

Status
Not open for further replies.

vijayaummadi

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have one question about the current consumption provided in any active component datasheet. The given current consumption will be for 1 second or 1 hour? Because no where that will be mentioned. Please help me.

Thanks in Advance
pavani

I think you are looking at batteries (which store energy (Volts * Current * Time)), rather then a load which consumes power (Volts * Current).

A Battery is effectively rated in stored energy (Kind of) hence units of Ampere Hours, where a load is rated in power dissipated, hence just amps (For a given voltage in both cases).

This is useful as it means that by dimensional analysis you can simply divide a battery capacity (Say 100 Amp Hours) by the total load current (say 5A) and get the run time, 20 Hours.

Now current is of course rate of change of charge, and 1Ampere is defined as 1 Couloumb per second, but I doubt that is the definition you are seeking.

Regards, Dan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back