Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Creating a Parameterized Cell in Cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

storyee

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am creating ideal Parameterized comparator cell, which has parameters of voltage gain, positive supply, negative supply, However, After create the symbol for the comparator, when I instance that comparator to a new schematics, when I assign a value to the positive supply area, the voltage unit can not auto-generate, is there a way to auto-generate the voltage unit "V"? is that means cadence wont consider " positive supply" as voltage parameter? thanks for any help.

62_1319046805.png

No, the parameters are interpreted by your code. They could be anything. Unless you use callback functions you cannot automatically add "V" in this field.

No, the parameters are interpreted by your code. They could be anything. Unless you use callback functions you cannot automatically add "V" in this field.

Thanks, but I am not using code to generate ideal comparator, I am using vcvs to edit parameters as pPar("parameter"), any idea then?

thanks again for you reply

The callback (probably) does not recognize a string as a voltage but when the parameter is passed it will be interpreted correctly.

Hi there,

Actually you can get the "V" added by creating appropriate CDF for the cell and adding a parameter for the "positive supply" and "negative supply" PCell parameters (although I guess that you have already done this, since the form seems to be showing the prompt rather than a parameter name).
Make sure that the parameter is of type "string" and set the units to "voltage" - inside your PCell code, use something like cdfParseFloatString() to convert the string value to a floating point number.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back