Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Craeting an array using 2 unitcell designs in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshedmangoes

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have a few unitcell designs and I want to create an antenna array using these designs in HFSS. For example, let's say there are 2 unitcells 'A' and 'B'. Now I want to create 1x6 antenna array using 3 unitcells of each designs. If anyone has an easy solution/guide to do this in HFSS, please can you care to reply.

The unitcell designs are almost similar except a couple of modifications at arm length. Overall unitcell dimensions, boundary conditions (finite --> Radbox), excitation (2 ports - wave ports) are same.

Thank you.

I don't have access to HFSS anymore, but there used to be a command like "duplicate along line"?
Yes, there is this command, but it is for duplication. What I really want is to do like ABABAAB (if two designs). Duplicate will do AAAAA. What I do now is dulicate and then change in whichever design I want a modification. So that is manually editing after duplication, and for large system, that would consume a lot of time.

It sounds like you want something a bit complicated. I would check out PyAEDT for building more elaborate models with simple Python scripts.

Good Luck!
Thank you for the suggestion. I will definitely check this out. Seems promising to automate a large antenna array.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back