Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

coupler output port is not 90 degree

Status
Not open for further replies.

kazim

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello friends

i want to ask that im using hybrid coupler. one of the port output is 132 degree and the other one gives -132 degree. the difference is 264(approx 90)
so
is it important that the coupler output ports gives exactly 90 at one port at exactly 180 at other so differece becomes 90 degree though i am getting the differece of 90 in my design also.

It's up to what you will use coupler for.
If you just want to use it for power divider, then it's not improtant.
If you want to use it for balanced circuits, you maybe need to use two coupler, and you need optimize the total phase unbanlanced. Different systems have different requirements.

i am saying that the difference at the output ports im getting is 90 degree. but im getting it from the 135-(-135)=270 not from -90-(-180)=90. my point is, is it important to have just the phase diff 90 degree or port outputs should also be multiple of 90 not something like 135 etc?

The absolute phase can be arbitrarily changed by choosing a different reference plane. May it be the case, that you didn't consider this basic fact?

@FVM: i dont understand what you mean.

practically my circuit is giving this value at the ouput. how can i change the reference plane.
theoratically i might do it but if im getting it practically at the ouput of the circuit. is it a concern to me.
can i give the input to one antenna 135 and the other as -135 degree and the antenna performs the same as if were given -90 and 180 degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back