Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Could Someone help me With this TV problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

snabilat

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
the problem that seems to be with my Funai MR-14A TV is that , it get ON sometimes but usually it makes a whistling sound and doesnot turn ON, when turned ON the green light doesnot appear and the whistling sound continues.
i think the sound is from the transformer , but still not sure, if its a lose core than why does the TV turn ON sometimes.

Try to check the PCB for "cold solder joint", specially around power transistors, HV transformers, power resistors etc etc ..
Regards,
IanP

try to check the feedback coming from the flyback. your pwm ic might be defective.

Always check for dry solder joints!
If the TV is intermittent and sometimes switches back on to normal the fault will most likely to be 99% faulty soldering or 1% Faulty component.

Disconnect the TV from power, use a portable bright light like a desk fluorescent lamp and a jewelers Loupe or strong magnifying glass and check all the board on solder side for cracks or hot spots. Especially around heavy parts like Flyback and Transformers, especially Sockets and finally large wattage resistors.

Re-solder anything that is suspect.

I have been doing this for years as an ex-TV serviceman.

Lesfix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back