Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

correct Signal Strength parameter to display it in GUI ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rudrabhaskar

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have 3G USB dongle connected to my LFS system. I'm able to get the signal strength information(RSSI, BER) through 'AT+CSQ' AT command. I want to display this information in GUI(Graphical User Interface). What is the valid method to show this information ? I mean should i convert RSSI to dbm and show in GUI? What is the best way to show accurate signal strength in GUI? I have no clue on how to proceed further.

I'm afraid this will be something you will have to see for yourself. There's no standard as what the RSSI really measures, so values or ranges may change from device to device. You should look for the corresponding relation between RSSI and dBm defined by the vendor of the radio device.

Or you could just simply keep that RSSI and show it, and measure different values to get an idea of what values are acceptable and which are not. That way you could get the picture of how RSSI varies with distance, and what values should be acceptable for your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back