Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Converting bipolar differential signal to unipolar single ended signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

hakeen

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

for a current measurement circuit I use ACPL-C79x type of isolation amplifier.
The input is +-300mV ( so below the ground). The isolated output is differential and the gain is about 8.2. That means output signal (+ and -, as diff) swings around 2.5V.
I need to convert this diff signal to single Ended (SE) for ADC input. On this secondary side I have only unipolar 5V supply.

Is there a way to achieve that?

Thanks in advance for your helps....

I think you should be able to just connect your output(-) to common.

Hi Barry

thanks for quick answer.

When I put my - output to GND, I lose half of voltage my range, that is my accuracy/resolution will be much less.
An external opmap circuitry would be nice for conversion, but no idea how to make it with single supply opamp.

Regards

Do you have a negative supply on the input side? Then you can use an op-amp with an offset.

A standard ACPL-C790 S.E. connection will use only one output, it is mapping +/- 300 mV input to 0..2.5 V output. If your ADC can't work with this signal range, use an amplifier. That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back