Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Conversion between multiport network parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistico_Pereyra

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

I need to convert between netwrok parameters (s,Y,Z) in a N-Port network, all information that I have found is only for a 2 por network. is there a paper, article or book at whcih I can find this information??

Thanks for Your help
Julio

Added after 2 hours:

I forgot to tell that I need the algorithm or something becuse I'm going to program it in VB for an specific visual interface that I am doing

I think there is a little mistake in the book. The second diagonal matrix should be called G not Z (shouldn't it?)

flyhigh said:
Hi

This picture explains what you should do.

flyhigh

Hi Flyhigh, what is the name or authors of that paper??

Added after 18 minutes:

Chinaski said:
I think there is a little mistake in the book. The second diagonal matrix should be called G not Z (shouldn't it?)

Or in 2.85 and 2.86, G must be Z. Other wise if G is a condutance matrix G*I is not a voltage and can not be added to V (V+G*I).

I'm confused about the meaning of "G", What is this??

Added after 17 minutes:

Or in 2.85 and 2.86, G must be Z. Other wise if G is a condutance matrix G*I is not a voltage and can not be added to V (V+G*I).

I'm confused about the meaning of "G", What is this??[/quote]

Forget about it, "G" is only the name for a Matrix which elements are Zni.

Added after 17 minutes:

flyhigh said:
Hi

This picture explains what you should do.

flyhigh

In the G matrix, lets say ZNn, "n" is the number of ports but what is the definition for "N"? Is N=n and N constant along the diagonal of the Matrix??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back