Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

controlling mobile phone using microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

froten

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
unetserial

Hello all,

Im trying to make a remote control system using mobile phones where I will send a didgital control signal from the control station to destination using two mobile phones one fro sending data and the second to recieve the data. I used the pobile mic to send my digital signal and used the speaker in the receiving phone to get back the signal. Because I will useing a digital data, I used a sequre wave as the input in the sending hpone but in the receving phone I got almost sine wave (may be due to the internal filters of the mobiles) which is not digital data as I sent. My idea is this: I need to send and recive a control signal (digital or analog) using mobile phone, so please whoever has anyidea or research or hint let me know as this progect is my graduate project and I have only small idea about mobile programming and control.

any help is greatly appriciated.

chip to dial mobile phone from micro controller

nice idea,
but u need to convert the sine wave into square wave using sampling gates(Schmitt trigger) so that u can use them as control signals. as u are extracting the signals going to the speaker, they will be analog only.
u just need to voncert them to digital so that u can use them as control signals .

controlling mobile using 8051

hi, please be in mind u r playing with mobile (must be gsm)so what ever u say (voice) will not received 100% on other end also you will have fequency loses because of digital compression and filterations. In this case you have two choices use mobiles as modem or via SMS.
SMS example at ww.mcselec.com
goodluck
sadat007

projects decoding chip using micro controller

Hi, If you want to send data this way better use DTMF look for encoder en decoder chips. Its slow data transport but no problem for telephone network. Paul.

microcontroller zcd

I don't know why all here complicate this issue,...... I did't implement any thing practically but I think it's all about sending the at commands for the phone in hexa mode from the microcontroller and receive the sms message in PDU format using the microcontroller.
I that all expert people here put a lot of things and comments,codes,.......,etc that may help us.

control your mobile phone with a microcontroller

thanx al for your replay

I know that the mobile phone can be used as a modem, but I don't any idea how to do that. Does that requires a PC to control a modem or it can be done using a microcontroller? Is it possible to write windows programs that can control the phone modem? how and where to start?

any help is appreciated.

microcontroller with mobile phone

Simplest will be to sense the DTMF and then decode ............

controlling mobile phone using 8051

what does the DTMF stands for?

controlling mobile phone through microcontroller

DTMF - DUal tone multifrequency https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DTMF. Actually recieving DTMF on a cell phone is not that straightforward with the vocoders etc the audio is a bit distorted and you will have to embed retry logic/checksum to ensure correct reception etc.

People who suggested DTMF... if you have successfully implemented it I would like to know as I have not had much success.

microcontroller+mobile phone

Hi!
The simplest way to do ur projcet is to send and recieve SMS through both the mobiles.
You can do that very easily by using AT commands.
e.g the command

ATD 03335647897;

will make the mobile call to the specified number which in this case is 03335647897.

AT commands can be sent and recieved through the serial port.

Regards.

how to connect mobile phone to microcontroller

If your receving mobile is getting sine wave output exactly anologous to the required pulsed output, then you can convert the sine output into square wave output using ZERO CROSSING DETECTOR(ZCD).
ZCD may be prepared using any opamp very easily.
If you need further help, do mail me.

connect a mobile phone microcontroller

yes, the simplest way is to use SMS, and i dont know what is that PDU format?
can anybody please expalin?

connect microcontroller mobile

You can do that very easily by using AT commands.

that is it waseem the simplest way is send this at command in hex format

to connect a phone with 8051

Try this,maybe this is what you looking for...

how to control a phone using a microcontroller

Alan69 said:
h**p://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=757
h**p://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=279

Not cheap but might be easy..

can u find some thing like circuits and asm files it sounds great f you did!

controlling microcontroller from windows mobile

HERE STILL THE INTERESTING LINK ON THE THEME OF MANAGEMENT **broken link removed** .

send data mobile phone microcontroller

I know this site it's been posted lot times
10x

microcontroller mobile phone gates

DTMF - DUAL TONE MULTI FREQUENCY

microcontroller in mobile phones

I need to design a system to monitor bushfire. This system requires mobilephone as a communication medium. So, I think my project is similar to yours. But, I do not know how to choose microcontroller and how to connect microcontroller with mobile phone. If I choose 8051, is it possible to achive this goal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back