Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[General] Controlling brightness of a 220v-AC bulb using microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

91divine

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I have to control the light intensity of a bulb or tube light from the analog output or PWM signal from micro-controller.
This is a part of my project in which i am making autonomous system for house.

Last edited:

You might run into problems trying to dim a flourescent tube light but you should research phase control dimmers for more information. You can use PWM but only if you are very careful to use the same PWM rate and phase as the AC power, a triac and standard phase control solution would be far simpler to build.

Brian.

I want to control either of one. Can you tell me which one is simpler to control and detailed how to control it.

bulbs are much much easier. as betwixt indicated controlling a fluorescent tube light is rather difficult which is why you rarely see such circuits.

there should be 'hundreds' of light dimmer/pwm/uC circuits abound on the internet..............perhaps you could find a few which are applicable and then ask for comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back