Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Control 4X4 LEDs array using PIC16F877A

Status
Not open for further replies.

sycluap

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to build a circuit which can turn ON or OFF 4X4 LED array by using only 1 I/O pin of 16F877A. Can anyone guide me in this?

actually, what I wanted was when the PIC pin HIGH, then the LED array turn on, and the LED array must be using the same supply +5V as supplied to the PIC.

I thought of using LED driver to drive the LED arrays, where the input voltage to the LED driver is supplied by the PIC I/O pin. I wonder will this work. If so, what type of LED driver should I use?

hmm... i just don't know what you mean [;

do you want to light ALL 16 leds or turn of ALL 16 leds only?

do you plan to use the I/O pin of pic as a supply (VDD) to some part? if so - remember that ports can supply no more than 20mA, you should use a transistor to supply more.

i don't know much about led drivers, but those are usually just SIPO registers <:

if you plan just to turn the led array on or off, you should put a transistor at the common anode/cathode of the led array and that's all.

0x41 0x56 0x45!!

Status
Not open for further replies.