Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Contacts of mobile phone battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

leotim

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I looked carefully to mobile phone batteries. They are not simple batteries.

They are a Li battery connected to a circuit that has one or more ICs and resistors and capacitors.

There are 3 or 4 main contacts on a mobile phone battery that is used normally by the phone.

There are also two other contacts that are covered by a small piece of paper.

Is there any one who can guide me what does these contacts do and used for?
Thanks before.8)

Hi,,,

the 3 are 4 main contact are used for to Analise the battery condition on your display...using particular code you can come to know how much it is charged , battery lifetime (warranty) ,manufacture name,and temperature.

Regards.
Praveen Bhat

using particular code you can come to know how much it is charged , battery lifetime (warranty) ,manufacture name,and temperature.
Regards. Praveen Bhat
This may be only possible with certain batteries of some manufacturers only, and cannot expect these features in "Chineese Look alike Fakes". Generally the contacts will be the thermocouple which measures the battery temperature while charging.
Cheers

prananm77, Thank you for your reply.
The two additional contacts I mentioned, are normally covered by a piece of paper and are not used normally. They may be used in manufacturing process. I need to know the manufacturers for what uses these contacgts?

Status
Not open for further replies.