Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Consulting about HFSS on Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFan

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I came to this forum once, please point out any places that do not conform to the rules, thank you!
This thread, I want to consult about HFSS on Linux:
1. For the same workstation, loading WIndows system or Linux system, will I get the same computing performance? (for HFSS)
2. I want to edit or build a simulation model in HFSS on Windows, and submit it to HFSS on Linux for simulation. Will there be incompatibility in the file format?
3. Can HFSS on Linux compute different models (projects) at the same time? (On Windows I can have multiple HFSS open at the same time)
Sorry, English is not my first language, these are edited by me using translation software, I try to make them as clear as possible.

Hello, I came to this forum once, please point out any places that do not conform to the rules, thank you!

Welcome, RFan. I was briefly involved with running HFSS on Linux, and will try to help you out. Firstly, as I recall, HFSS was only guaranteed to run on RedHat or similar. You should check the latest requirements.

1. For the same workstation, loading WIndows system or Linux system, will I get the same computing performance? (for HFSS)
Back in the day, a Linux machine would perform better that Windows (8, at the time) for raw computations, on a machine that was above consumer-desktop grade. I'm not sure about more recent version of Windows.

2. I want to edit or build a simulation model in HFSS on Windows, and submit it to HFSS on Linux for simulation. Will there be incompatibility in the file format?
I never had any issues with file formats.

3. Can HFSS on Linux compute different models (projects) at the same time? (On Windows I can have multiple HFSS open at the same time)
This is determined by your ANSYS license configurations, on all platforms.

Nowadays there is no difference with Multi Core/Multi Thread Processors.
Linux is surely more secure but deployment is a bit tricky. Especially integration to Virtuoso is a real trouble.

Thank you for your answers. Since there is no practice, this is just a help for feasibility. Do I need to close this thread (how do I do that), or can I keep it for further discussion later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back